Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wii Fit May have saved my Life

My blood pressure has always been on the high side. Usually around 145/92. Even when I was skinny back in high school, it was a bit high. Of course I was skinny back then because I was too busy to eat much, but I was not physically active. I was one of those kids that signed up for the Marching band so I would not have to take Physical Fitness.

Although I always hated to run, it wasnt because I was afraid of the exercise. It was simply because I did not want to have to take showers with other girls. Our gym showers consisted of a couple poles with shower heads hung around the top of them. (The thought of a bunch of naked girls around poles just kind of freaked me out). I tried to find a picture online of these types of showers but failed. So this is the closest I could find. lol.

Anyway, back on topic: I just got back from the doc and my blood pressure was 112/72. It is the first time I can ever remember my BP being that good. And as a note, it has been about a year since I started my exercise and eating healthy. Total weight loss = 84 lbs.  I feel great and probably added years on my life.

It is also almost time to go on my trip that inspired it all: Cedar Point. I knew I would have to loose some major pounds if I wanted to fit my fat @ss on all the rides. Now I get my reward! Why didnt I do this a long time ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment